ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

Where can I get 33 cartriges

Customer Question

where can I get 33 cartriges
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.

What gun are they for? There is not a 33 cartridge that I know of. Please give me details on the gun, all writing, markings, etc.

Do you mean 303 British?

Tom

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is***** assume that you mean the smokeless powder, medium bore cartridge called the .33 Winchester or .33 WCF, for "Winchester Center Fire". Unfortunately, the .33 WCF cartridge was discontinued by all major ammunition manufacturers in 1940. I did find a website that seems to have some old stock available - http://www.ammo-one.com/33Winchester.html

Now, you may be able to reload some yourself if you are into reloading and if you can acquire the components. The .33 Winchester cartridge reloading data is still available, and .33 WCF cases can be made from .45-70 brass.

I would also suggest contacting a company that may be able to make ammo for you. One such company that I used to be to suggest was Stars and Stripes of Largo, Florida but they seem to have gone out of business.

I hope that this is helpful!
Jim

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I see that you have not yet completed a positive rating. Did you need anything further on this?