Firearms

Need Gun Information? Ask a Firearms Expert for Answers ASAP

Firearms

Can a Sentry safe be re-programmed and if so how is it done?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
9/27/2015
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 2 years ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Good morning. What model of Sentry safe are we talking about?

On the outside of the door, to the right of the dial, is: MSO 100. Just below this is : BW6/.7164". On the inside of the door, near the lower right corner is: BW-647164*

OK, let me do some research to see what I can find out for you.

I agreed to a $40.00 charge when I signed up with a request about changing the combination on my safe. Before I go any further I want to know if it is possible to change the combination and what the total cost will be. I do not want to go beyond this one request.Dallas Murdoch

Hello again Dallas....I'm not sure if there was a system glitch of some kind, but I replied back to you earlier today with the info. Oddly enough, I don't see my post now.....here's the info again!

Access codes

There are 3 possible ways to unlock and access

the safe:

1. Factory code

(Found on the first page of this guide) You can

always open the safe by entering the pre-set 5-digit

factory code.

This code cannot be deleted.

2. User code

If you prefer to employ your own code, you can

program the safe to open using a 5-digit user code

of your choice.

3. User pin

If you wish to give someone else temporary access

to the safe, you can program a 5-digit user pin that

can later be erased.

Programming the user code

NOTE: One (1) user code is allowed.

To add:

1. Press the Prog key , then enter the 5-digit

factory code.

2. Enter the 5-digit user code of your choice.

To delete:

1. Press the Prog key.

2. Enter the 5-digit factory code twice.

Programming user pin

NOTE: One (1) user pin is allowed.

To add:

1. Press the Prog key 2 times.

2. Enter your 5-digit user code.

3. Enter the 5-digit user pin of your choice.

To delete:

1. Press the Prog key 2 times.

2. Enter your 5-digit user code.

3. Enter 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.

Does that help?

Do you need anything further on this?

ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor