TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have an old 16 gauge double barrel shotgun with a 7.7 mm

Customer Question

I have an old 16 gauge double barrel shotgun with a 7.7 mm rifle under. It is break action. Also on the rifle is B8439.The name on the gun is A Burnmuller.There is a crown over a G and crown over N in a couple spots.There is a possible maple leaf stamped, then NITRO on both of the shotgun barrels. In script is written, my best guess is Y&Y or T&T 58 1/2 /8. also on the rifle barrel 2G.B.P. over S a couple stamps and then a G. In front of that is one of the crowns and N's stamped sideways. At the break there is a crown with an U (sideways) with another stamp before it, looks somewhat like a pineapple. There also appears to be a W with crown stamp as well.There is some very nice hunting scenes engraved on the gun, along with leaves and flowers. My father bought it from a neighbour when he was 16 years old which makes it a used gun in 1943. I guess that is about it, any ideas on what I have and as to possible worth?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
What caliber is stamped on the rifle barrel?
Thanks,
Bill