Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have a 12 ga automatic Sn 237242 Browning made in Belgium…

Customer Question
I have a 12 ga...
I have a 12 ga automatic Sn 237242 Browning made in Belgium It is engraved and has Hunting Dog on one side of the stock and a deer on the other. The little wooden knob on the pistol grip of the stock is missing . I need to find a replacement for it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
6/20/2015
Firearms Expert: TOM, Gunsmith replied 2 years ago
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Hi,There are quite a few plastic and metal grip caps available, most will need to be fit to the gun. For a wood grip cap they only sell blocks of wood that have to be shaped and fit to the stock. There is American walnut, English Walnut and Redwood available from Brownells. http://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=grip+cap&psize=96It is not a part that is ready made or stocked by any supplier. I can give you the name of other places that have exotic wood that can be used too. Rosewood and ebony look good on grip caps. If you are not able to shape a grip cap yourself a local gunsmith should be able to make one for you. Tom
The above answer was sent as an info request by mistake. I am posting the same info as an answer so it can be rated.
Tom
There are quite a few plastic and metal grip caps available, most will need to be fit to the gun.
For a wood grip cap they only sell blocks of wood that have to be shaped and fit to the stock. There is American walnut, English Walnut and Redwood available from Brownells.
http://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=grip+cap&psize=96
It is not a part that is ready made or stocked by any supplier.
I can give you the name of other places that have exotic wood that can be used too. Rosewood and ebony look good on grip caps.
If you are not able to shape a grip cap yourself a local gunsmith should be able to make one for you.
Tom
TOM
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith