Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I HAVE A OLD GUN THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS ITS VALUE IT IS…

Customer Question
I HAVE A OLD GUN...
I HAVE A OLD GUN THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS ITS VALUE IT IS A PIC SUFFERN NY
MODELL 21 CUT YOU TELL ME HOW OLD IS IT?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
6/20/2015
Firearms Expert: Bill, Gunsmith replied 2 years ago
Bill
Bill, Gunsmith
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
Is this a Winchester Model 21?
Can you tell me the serial number please?
Thank you,
Bill
GENTLAMAN the old gun is a 6 bullets revolver and on one side of the cannon said that it was made in Germany for
H.SCHMIDT.OSTHEIM/RON Mod. 21 #462062 ...... HS 2.69 .. let se what you can find about it . Thank you *****
Thank you Jesus,
You might be a little disappointed with what I have to tell you, but keep in mind it is a decent built revolver economically made to sell at a lower price. If kept in good working order will be safe and fun to shoot.
Schmidt revolver frames were made of a Zinc-Copper-Aluminum alloy which melts at a temperature below 800 degrees F. making these revolvers illegal to sell in South Carolina, New York, and several other states. It is illegal for licensed dealers in S.C. to even repair these revolvers. All Schmidt revolvers will have "Made in Germany" marked on the outside of the revolver.
These pistols are of better quality than the current production Heritage Revolvers they share the same price catagory with,...making them generally a good bargain for the price.
The value of your revolver in excellent condition would be around $250. In very Good condition around $200. In Good condition around $125.
Bill
Bill
Bill, Gunsmith