Bill
Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.
9353784

I HAVE A OLD GUN THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS ITS VALUE IT IS

Customer Question

I HAVE A OLD GUN THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS ITS VALUE IT IS A PIC SUFFERN NY
MODELL 21 CUT YOU TELL ME HOW OLD IS IT?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
Is this a Winchester Model 21?
Can you tell me the serial number please?
Thank you,
Bill
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GENTLAMAN the old gun is a 6 bullets revolver and on one side of the cannon said that it was made in Germany for
H.SCHMIDT.OSTHEIM/RON Mod. 21 #462062 ...... HS 2.69 .. let se what you can find about it . Thank you *****
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jesus,
You might be a little disappointed with what I have to tell you, but keep in mind it is a decent built revolver economically made to sell at a lower price. If kept in good working order will be safe and fun to shoot.
Schmidt revolver frames were made of a Zinc-Copper-Aluminum alloy which melts at a temperature below 800 degrees F. making these revolvers illegal to sell in South Carolina, New York, and several other states. It is illegal for licensed dealers in S.C. to even repair these revolvers. All Schmidt revolvers will have "Made in Germany" marked on the outside of the revolver.
These pistols are of better quality than the current production Heritage Revolvers they share the same price catagory with,...making them generally a good bargain for the price.
The value of your revolver in excellent condition would be around $250. In very Good condition around $200. In Good condition around $125.