Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have a Ruger Red Label 12 Ga. from 1982; all blue, fixed…

Customer Question
I have a Ruger Red...
I have a Ruger Red Label 12 Ga. from 1982; all blue, fixed choke Mod/IC; excellent condition incl box and manual. What is its approximate value?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
6/11/2015
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 2 years ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Thank you for your question. I am on the road at the moment but will respond back asap.
Jim
Thanks. It is from 1982, one of only 3000 with blued receiver, SN 410-00xxx.
Sorry, for the delay. I was delayed at work longer than expected. I am working on your question now.
Thank you for your patience...
If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website pays me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless.
This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.
If you have trouble with the rating system, simply reply back with “excellent service, good service, etc.”
A few days after receiving your answer, the website will send you a brief customer satisfaction survey. Please take a moment to complete that, as those high scores are what allows me to be able to help future customers.
Answer:
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com
.
.
Manufacturer - Sturm, Ruger & Co.
Model - Red Label, Standard grade
Serial number- 410-00xxx
Year of manufacture - 1982
Estimated Value Range –see below
.
For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability. Values are in US Dollars.
.
New in box/perfect --100% condition - $1,550
Mint condition --------98% condition - $1,175
Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $900
Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $775
Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $650
Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $550
Good condition --------------60% condition - $475
.
Add 10% for the /3000 blued receiver.
Sincerely,
Jim
.
.
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.
The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.
The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.
All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun
Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.
Do you have any other questions about this?
Hello again!
Please remember to come back to the Just Answer website and complete a positive rating for my work, so that we can finish this out. You should see an option where is says to "rate the expert" or words to that effect. That positive rating is needed for the website to credit me for helping you with your question.
Thanks!
Jim
Hi again....are you having some trouble completing the positive rating? I show that the question is still unrated on my list.
Jim
ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor