Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have a Sentry Safe with a tag reading OA 3810 Av60981. The…

Customer Question
I have a Sentry Safe...
I have a Sentry Safe with a tag reading OA 3810 Av60981. The lighted panel is very dim and the combination after the key has been inserted results in nothing happening. The newer models appear to have an access panel to change the battery. Hope do I get the safe opened.
Bobie Hughes
Red Bluff, CA
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Firearms
6/11/2015
Firearms Expert: Big River Guns, Federal Firearms Dealer replied 3 years ago
Big River Guns
Big River Guns, Federal Firearms Dealer
The lock keypad will turn to the right and then can be pulled out. Behind it is the battery area. Insert 4 new AA batteries, push the keypad insert back in and turn to the left until it is in the 12 o'clock position. Then insert your code which should allow the safe to open. Weak batteries will cause the lock to seize and not allow opening of course.