ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

I have several Sentry hand safes that I have bought through

Customer Question

I have several Sentry hand safes that I have bought through the years. One of them is white with a model number of 1100. I have lost the key to it and can't get it open. Any ideas? I've had this unit for 20 years or so... not sure.
Bob
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
My name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer! Sentry does have a process for getting a new key, but they do charge a small fee for this service and there is some paperwork involved. Would you like for me to explain the process to you?
Jim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes.
Its my pleasure to help you...
Once once we are finished here, you will be prompted by our website to complete a positive rating for my assistance today. I hope that you find my service to be excellent.
First, you will need to visit this web page - http://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Need_A_Key
You will need to provide the model number and serial number for your safe. On that web page, there is a notarized form which must be completed and submitted to Sentry to prove ownership of the safe. The web page will detail the instructions needed as far as sending in the fee. Once you have done that, Sentry will send you the replacement key for your safe.
I hope that this information has been helpful. If you have no other questions for me, please remember to complete a positive rating for my assistance today.
Jim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see a model number but no serial number. Where can I find the model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mean serial number. Sorry.
It could possibly be on a plate on the rear or side of the safe.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nameplate on it. It's one of the little hand safes. They're probably not serialized.
They may not be. Sentry makes so many models that its difficult to keep up with all of them. If it is considered to be a chest or file safe, then a serial number is ***** required for the form.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just saw that on their website. There is a letter designator on the lock itself. Evidently that is all they need to provide a key.Thanks,Bob
Great! They should be able to fix you up no problem.
Please remember to complete a positive rating on your Just Answer screen so that we can close the question.
Thanks!
Jim
Do you have any other questions on this?
Bob,
Hello again! Please take a moment to complete a positive rating for my assistance with your question so that we can close the question out. You should see something on your Just Answer screen that says to "rate the expert" or words to that effect....
Thanks!
Jim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Closed out. Thanks.
It doesn't look like it went through....one of the answers would have a green line around it.