TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

Hello, I have a central arms Co. single barrel 20 gauge shotgun

Hello, I have a central arms Co. single barrel 20 gauge shotgun with a broken extractor. Can anyone tell me where I could get this part for this relic? In addition is it safe to fire it without this functional. I understand I would have to manually extract it, but want to make sure that the part shouldn't function in any other manner in the firing process.
Thanks
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 5 years ago.

Central Arms is a trade name used by Crescent Firearms on guns made for Shapleigh Hardware of St. Louis. They are good quality, low priced guns that were geared toward the "working class".

The only extractors I can locate are for the 12 gauge guns. Numrich Gun Parts has them. If you have the broken parts, it may be possible to weld them back together or have one made for your gun. It may also be possible to modify the 12 gauge part to fit.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=1882

You can fire the gun without the extractor, all it does is push the empty out.

Tom

Expert:  TOM replied 5 years ago.

I saw your question on the H&R shotgun and you were given an incorrect answer. Numrich sells the barrel studs. They need to be welded to the barrel. The following link will take you to them.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=281660&catid=8094

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello again Tom,
For some reason it's letting me accept your answers but not rate them. Are you getting propper credit? I want to make sure you are. As for the questions you've answered. You really know your stuff and I appreciate the work. I just installed the new trigger group on the AK and as soon as my baby wakes up I'll go outside and test it. As for the shotgun question on this board, thanks for the answer, i'll look into the 12 gauge amdel and see if it's adaptable. As for the H&R Shotgun question, I definately appreciate you correcting the previous error, barrel nut is now a part of my vocabulary. Thanks again. From now on I'll pose my weapons questions directly to you.
Shane
Expert:  TOM replied 5 years ago.

Hi Shane,

They are changing to a new system and on some there is no way to rate. In the future there will be 5 choices for rating, the top 3 are good and the other 2 are like a negative. I did get credit for them. Thank you very much!

On semi auto AK-47's the trigger acts as the sear. The disconnector is the piece that goes inside the trigger. It holds the hammer back until the the trigger is released and then the trigger catches the hammer notch. On a full auto, there is a separate sear and a hammer retarder which holds the hammer back to allow the bolt to close. All 2 stage triggers work the same way.

If you need anything else, you know where to find me. I am extremely busy in the shop, but check in a few times each day.

Tom