Firearms

Need Gun Information? Ask a Firearms Expert for Answers ASAP

Firearms

what is the value of a Winchester 30-30 Rifle Canadian Centennial

1867-1967 with octagonal barrel?...
what is the value of a Winchester 30-30 Rifle Canadian Centennial 1867-1967 with octagonal barrel?
5/18/2012
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith

There were a total of 90,301 of the Canadian Centennial Rifles and Carbines manufactured in 1967. The issue price was $125 and the current value of a "New In The Box" gun is $900.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

it is NOT in the box and is considered a "shooter" from what I understand. It is a beautiful gun with maple leaves engraved on the side plate. Number just underneath the Barrel is 23272 immediately before the foregrip? this is the SN#?

Yes, it is the serial number. If the gun has been fired, it has the same value as any other model 94 in the same condition. The values are:

excellent-$600, very good-$425, good-$300, fair-$200, poor-$100.

Tom

TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Thank you Tom for your time. This is the last of my father's guns that we are trying to value since his sudden death in Jan of this year. Blessings.

You're welcome.

Sorry about your dad, I know it isn't easy.

Tom

sorry I cannot leave a tip for you as I have no money right now. I will ask you any further gun questions in the future. thanks

Michelle

It is not necessary, I understand and have been in the same situation.

Tom

TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Hi Tom,
My dads gun is still in the family. Thank you.
My husband has a Gewehr 43 (G43) German rifle in about 80% condition with the manual in German that goes in the buttstock. Made in 1944 with a number of 74 on the upper frame and slide action. Is this the the entire serial number or something else. No scope. Box magazine we do have. Cleaning kit with it. no corrosion and very light outer barrel rub. Brought over from Germany wrapped in cheesecloth and kosmoline.
Ideas $ ?
Thanks
Michelle

The G43 was introduced in 1943. It is a semi-auto rifle chambered for the 8mm Mauser. It has a 22" barrel, 10 round magazine and a full length stock with a handguard. It was made by Walther and should have an "ac" code marked on it. I do not think 74 is the full serial number. They were first made in 1943 and there were over 500,000 manufactured. The serial number should be on the left side of the receiver on the flat part just above the stock and under the rear sight. The last 2 numbers of the serial number is stamped on other parts on some guns. The values are:

excellent-$2500, very good-$1750, good-$1000, fair-$800, poor-$500.

A gun in 80% condition is worth $2000 to $2200.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

Serial number where you specified is. " G43 74 m ac 44" and where the slide action grip and on the bottom of the stock cheek plate is stamped "74" also. So does the 74 have to be the serial number?

It will be the serial number if it is in the place I said to look. It would be an early 1944 manufacture, probably Jan. of 1944.

Tom

Does this change the value being such a low #

No, it doesn't. On German guns from the WWII era, they would have used Numbers with "ac 43" for the guns made in 1943 and then start over in 1944 with the number and "ac 44". Guns made in 1945 would have "ac 45"

Tom

I see. You are once again awesome!!! On my dads property in NM right now and will get back with you this afternoon.
Thanks Tom
Michelle

You're welcome and thank you!

If you need anything else, let me know.

Tom

TOM
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith