TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

What is a winchester model 71 .348 deluxe worth.

What is a winchester model 71 .348 deluxe worth. What year was it made. the serial number is XXXXX The gun is in great shape. The only marking on the gun is where you put the bullets in. I don't think it was used much. Still have shells in the original box.

Hi'

The Winchester Model 71 is a lever action built on an improved Model 1886 frame. It is chambered for the .348 Winchester. The barrels are 20" or 24" with a 2/3 magazine tube that holds 4 rounds. The Deluxe model has a fancy walnut checkered pistol grip stock and they may have a short or long tang. There were 47,254 manufactured between 1935 and 1957.

Values are:

100%98%95%90%80%70%60%50%40%30%20%10%
N/A$4,000$3,650$3,350$3,000$2,600$2,300$1,950$1,650$1,350$995$800

Add 20% for long tang.

These are trade in prices, add 20% to 30% for retail values.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What would be the best way to sale this gun to get the most money and where would you go to get an apprasial of the gun without getting screwed over?

The best way for you to sell a gun is to use AuctionArms.com or Gunbroker.com. You have complete control of the auction, no one comes to your home or calls you, you get payment before you ship the gun and the buyer pays for shipping. The buyer must send an FFL from the dealer where the gun is being shipped to and he goes through a NICS check before getting the gun so you know that they are permitted to own one. You set the start date, starting price, bid increments, length of auction, reserve price if you want one, etc. You are permitted up to 10 pictures per auction.

I would check all the auction sites and compare your gun to what is out there. It would the best way to get an idea without spending money.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/search/aid/52

Tom