TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I just baught a Springfield Meteor 22cal single shot bolt action

I just baught a Springfield Meteor 22cal single shot bolt action rifle. It has the number 24 in a cricle stamped on left side of barrel. It also has silver/chrome trigger and a gold bead on the site at the end of barrel. no serial number are who manufactored it. I would love to know what its worth amd around the year it was made. It is fully operational and in great conditon if its as old as i think it is. Wood with groves on both sides and a regular gun blue barrel. Thanks Chris Greer

Stevens manufactured many utility grade bolt action rifles under the Springfield name and used Meteor on a few of them. The Model that comes up the most is the Model 52A. It is a single shot rifle popular for starter shooters. It was probably made around 1930.

Values are: very good-$200, good-$100, fair-$70, poor-$50.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Was there a large amount of different models of this gun.

There were at least 4 that I know of that were called Meteor. 2 are Falling Block Actions, so that eliminated them and the other is a 2 piece stock and pretty strange looking gun.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does falling block mean?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this gun looks like a normal 22 bolt action rifle. At the end of the bolt is a round part that cocks the gun as you sliding the bolt back and when u pull the trigger it acts like the firing pin this part is how you put this gun on safty
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
mine is a on piece stock

Sorry, I have been tied up with gun work all morning. A falling block is like a rolling block, not what you have. You have the bolt action and I eliminated what isn't your gun, that left the Model 52, A 1 piece stock, bolt action, single shot. It can be nothing else.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you so much for your time and research.

Sincerely

Chris Greer

You're welcome, happy to help.

Tom