TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have two Ruger pistols in a display case serial numbers1591

I have two Ruger pistols in a display case serial numbers1591 and 145-01591. They are in mint condition. Can you give me a value of these two pistols and the display case? These pistols have never been fired. They are just as they were from the manufacturer. My email [email protected] I can also be contacted on my cell: XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you.

Hi, What model and caliber are the pistols? I need to know before I can give you an answer.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Here is all the information we have:

1. serial number 1591; ship date 10/28/75; Model Ruger Old Army Revolver; Cert # XXXXX; date 10/27/86. Catralogue No. KBP-7, .44 (457 bore) caliber, single action percussion revolver, 7 1/2 inch barrel, stainles steel brushed stain finish adjustable target rear sight, ramp front sight, walnut grip panels, originally shipped with factory nipple wrench, one of 00 revolvers, serial numbered from 1500 to 1599, issued by the R.C.A. and engraved with the initials of the Assoc. on the topstrap of frame, star prefix before the serial number.

2. serial number 145-01591; ship date: 12/29/76; Model Ruger Old Army Revolver; Cert # XXXXX; date 10/27/86; catalogue No, KPB-7, .44 (457 bore) cal., single action percussion rev., 7-1/2" barrel, stainless steel satin finish, adjustable target rear/ramp front sight, walnut panels, shipped with nipple wrench, one of 200 rev., ser. no. from 45-01401 to 145-01600, issued by the R.C.A. topstrap engraved with an eagle, RCA monogram, and "one of 200", ser. no. has eagle prefix on cyl. frame as well as on butt; one of last 200 rev. marked "Made in 200th year of American Liberty.

Both certificates are signed but I can't make out the signature. If it becomes important I can scan it in and send it to you. The word "original" in red appears after the signature. Both certificates also say at the bottom: (copyright sign) 1980 Ruger Collectors' Association, Inc. P.O. Box 290, Southport, CT 06525.

If you need any additional information please let me know.

Thank you for your help,

XXXXX XXXXX

HI, I didn't find too much on your guns yet. New in Box condition lists for about $600 and add 200% for 200 year guns which yours are, so around $1800.00 each. Factory letters will increase the value to a collector. The amount depends on the collector. If I find anything else, I will post it here for you.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

These are new in a black leather case not in box. They are together in one velvet-lined case with everything that came with them from the factory, i.e. the patches and everything that goes with loading and cleaning the pistols. Also, there is a powder horn, a plunger, the key, a Ruger jack-knife, a shot mold and a small metal covered box. I don't know if this information makes any difference in the value. Please let me know

I am still searching thru my books, I will let you know what i find out.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Tom: are you still looking for the answer to my second question on 8/29 at 8:31 pm.

Thanks for your help.

XXXXX XXXXX

Hi, I am still trying to find some info on the sets. I have sent an e-mail to the RCA asking for info and haven't heard back yet. I have checked every book That I have and can not find anything. They are not listed in blue book or standard catalog of firearms. As soon as I find something, I will get back to you.

Tom

I don't know where you live, but this is a link to the upcoming RCA shows. They display at local gun shows. I have seen their displays at Harrisburg, Pa. It will make you drool. On one of the forums on RCA, someone says the 200th year pair are worth $1200 each. I don't know where the info came from or the condition. They didn't give much info at all. I'm still trying.

http://www.rugercollectorsassociation.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

Tom

Have some more history on your guns. follow this link.

http://www.decadecounter.com/vta/articleview.php?item=441

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Are you still trying to find out the value of the set as I described in the email I sent describing the black leather velvet lined case with all the accessories? The links you sent are informative but not what I originally wanted when I first emailed. I know the first message wasn't complete since I didn't tell you about the case that is why I sent the additional $10. If I need to send an additional amount to get this information please let me know unless you determine that the case etc. doesn't make a difference in the value.

Thank you

XXXXX XXXXX

I don't know if the case makes a difference and am trying to find out. I don't want any more money, I am just having a hard time finding the answer for you. Please be patient and i will get back to you as soon as I can.

Tom