Firearms Repair

Have Firearms Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Where does the recoil plate go on the winchester 105 22. For…

Customer Question
Where does the recoil...

Where does the recoil plate go on the winchester 105 22

Expert's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about a week now

Expert's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes have all my parts but i can't find where the recoil plate goes

Expert's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No , just have to know where t put the recoil plate

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Firearms Repair
4/2/2018
Firearms Expert: Tom, Gunsmith replied 3 months ago
Tom
Tom, Gunsmith

Are you sure of the model number? I have never heard of a 105.

Tom

If you can attach a picture of the part and the rifle I should be able to figure it out for you. I have done a search and the only Model 105 22's I can find are the Mauser 105 and Revelation 105 which is a Marlin 780 or 80, neither have a recoil plate.

Use the paper clip icon to attach pictures.

Tom

It just clicked that the Winchester model 150 has a recoil plate, same as the 190 and 290. It goes at the rear of the receiver with the hole to the front. The recoil spring and guide rod fit into the hole with the back edge under the stock bolt. Figure 6 of the manual shows placement, it is not very clear, but can be seen. It is a 190 manual, the parts are the same.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/winchester_190.pdf

Tom