Firearms Repair

Have Firearms Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

I have a Glock 19 that the slide is staying open whether…

Customer Question
I have a Glock 19...
I have a Glock 19 that the slide is staying open whether there is a magazine in or not what could be causing this I’ve checked the springs I’ve gone through it to her three times everything seems to be in place
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Firearms Repair
This is question is not going to turn us for a gun related gunsmith
12/1/2017
Firearms Expert: Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher replied 7 months ago
Jennifer Sheffer
Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher

The slide is stuck.

There are two slide release levers that you have to hold down in order to release it from the stuck open position (as if you were going to take it apart to clean). The piece might come apart/off, just reattach if so and should work.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words

"thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".