Firearms Repair

Have Firearms Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

I have 2 derringers, gold plated, 22 short caliber. The

I have 2 Butler...

I have 2 Butler derringers, gold plated barrels, 22 short caliber. The hammer springs have broken in both. Where can I get replacement hammer springs??

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I can't find parts anywhere. Can you help??

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

Just need a source for the hammer springs.

9/13/2017
Tom
Tom, Gunsmith

Butler Derringers are copies of the Colt and the springs should work. You may need to modify them some for a good fit.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/192080

If these do not look like what you have in your gun the only option is to have a gunsmith make them for you. He will need the gun and broken springs to make new ones. Any good gunsmith can make them for you.

Tom

Tom
Tom, Gunsmith