How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom Your Own Question
Tom, Gunsmith
Category: Firearms Repair
Satisfied Customers: 113
Experience:  17 years as a gunsmith, certified Armorer
Type Your Firearms Repair Question Here...
Tom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****,
, I have a liege 12 gauge

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a liege 12 gauge double barrel shotgun. I have had it since the early 50 ties, It has not be used for the last 45 years. The hinging is a little loose and I am wondering if there is a way tightening it up. If it is a reasonably inexpensive repair I would like to use it to take my grandchildren bird hunting. IF it is not possible to repair it will become a wall ornament.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: That sounds good
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Firearms Repair
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Hello... what make and model of shotgun do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been looking the gun up on line. It seems that they have made the same gun from 1926 to 1965. The leige united arms
company. This one is very basic model but I could not find any model numbers.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. Yes, it can be repaired by a qualified gunsmith, but the cost of repair may exceed the value. If you tell me your city/state, I can locate a gunsmith for you.