Firearms Repair

Have Firearms Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Firearms Repair

In my possession is a Klein Gunther 20 years. I believe that

Customer Question
Hello In my possession is a...
Hello
In my possession is a Klein Gunther for over 20 years. I believe that it is a Sporter model
over 30 years old. I am trying to find some magazines for this gun.
I am having trouble trying to feed shells into the chamber to fire. The rear end of the shell does not seem to be high enough to be grabbed by the bolt and it will not feed into the chamber to fire. The gun is very accurate but the feeding problem is very aggravating.
I had a problem with the magazines because they would not lock into the chamber high enough but I think that was taken care of.
The Klein Gunther has no model number on it. It is also a 22 caliber.
Ed Sytko
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms Repair
11/26/2015
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 2 years ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Good afternoon, Ed.

Unfortunately, what you are looking for is the proverbial needle in a haystack. I know of a site that buys Kleinguenther rifles and this is what they say about magazines:

If you are missing a magazine for a K-14, or K-15 Instafire they are VERY difficult to find. When we have them them they are very expensive because they are expensive for us to obtain. Do not lose your magazine since they are next to impossible to find!

Have you had the gun looked at by a gunsmith? There may just be an issue that needs to be worked on. If you have a photo of the gun, we can try to identify it.

Jim

Tom
Tom
Tom, Gunsmith