Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

After having a flood in my house I used my credit cards to…

Customer Question
After having a flood in...
After having a flood in my house I used my credit cards to take care of damage not covered by insurance and my $2000.00 deductible. Now without the house being finished and my credit maxed out I cannot get a home equity loan to finish or a re-finance (even though In have quite a bit of equity) I have even researched Reverse mortgages but my house won't appraise for its ultimate value without the repairs needed. My credit score has come down even though I make all my payments in a timely manner. I am at a loss as to what to do, all I want to do is pay off all my credit and make the needed repairs on my house.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Finance
3/31/2018
Financial Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm Fiona, former IRS revenue agent. I am looking at your question and will get back to you soon. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP,IMTA

Dear Customer,

Has the insured part, insurance reimbursement, done for repair?

Regards,

Fiona

the insurance company paid for repair over the $2500.00
i am not in a place I can talk right now

Dear Customer,

Ignore the website automatic invitation on phone calls.

If the insurance paid 2,500 and that repair is done. And you paid about 2,000 for the repair you need to done.

Would you further clarify what else you need to be done on the house to be repaired to get it back to be valued?

Should the insurance company pay more?

Regards,

Fiona

The insurance company paid their share but there was a small dispute over things they won’t cover. Painting walls and ceilings, upstairs carpet paint and tile. Outside plants palms died due to a double freeze and our pool needs to be re-finished. And I need to pay off my bills if that is possible,
Are you getting my posts from my phone ( was using my PC)
I think you are misunderstanding my original question. I need to know if there is any type of loan I can get to finish the repairs on my house and pay off my existing bills . I would have enough income to pay for the repairs if I could pay off my bills.
I'm sorry Fiona I have switched to my cell phone with your answers.(###) ###-####

Dear Customer,

So, the insurance part repaired 2,500. Or the insurance paid all other than 2,500.

Your part repaired 2,000 and more.

How much more needs to be repaired? Are they due to the flood, too?

Sorry to bother you.

But in sum, Insurance Company repaired How much $?

You repaired how much?

How much left needs to be repaired?

What is your chance to fight the insurance company?

Thank you.

Regards,

Fiona