Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Can my direct deposit be transferred to another bank on line…

Customer Question
Can my direct deposit...

Can my direct deposit be transferred to another bank on line or will I have to go in to a s s office

Accountant's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Accountant's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web

Accountant's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Finance
3/27/2018
Financial Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 23 days ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. …. My name’s Lane,

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m reading your question now.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response.

….

Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

Yes, you can .... You have three options for getting this one (one of which is online)

...

(1)

"MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc. ALSO allows you to manage/change your direct deposit.

...

You can go there, log in (or set up your account AND log in if you've never used it) and print your documents immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

(2)

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

OR

...

(3)

You can go to your bank (or new bank if that's the case). All depository institutions have the forms to get this done for you.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work.

...

I hope you’ll rate me based on accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news / bad news content

But again, let me know if you need more here,

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS