Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I run a single-member LLC. When filling out a W-9 for a

Hi, I run a single-member...
Hi, I run a single-member LLC. When filling out a W-9 for a company, should I use the address listed on the tax returns or the business address that we us? They are different.Thanks in advance.
3/26/2018
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

This is where the requester of this Form W-9 will mail your information returns so use your actual mailing address.

Both are actual mailing addresses. Should I use the one I use for my tax returns when filing myself or the business address we use when having clients mail us checks, etc.?

Use the tax return address then.

Ok, will do. Just a question for my knowledge, does it really matter as long as the EIN number is ***** in the W-9? Or if the addresses don't match up to the tax return, it could cause issues.

It does matter in that it adds one more verification to the matching.

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor