Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I received 20,000 as a personal loan in my Corporation. The…

Customer Question
I received 20,000 as a...
I received 20,000 as a personal loan in my Corporation. The Corp hasn't made any money yet. I have expenses (office supplies, rent, utilities, etc.) I am paying the expenses out of the personal loan money. In my Chart Of Accounts I logged in the loan, as a loan not income. After paying about 12,000 in expenses and making no income yet, does that mean I have a $12,000 loss when it comes to my Profit and Loss for Year-End?
Thanks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Finance
3/25/2018
Financial Professional: PDtax, CPA, MBA replied 3 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist. Yes, you have a $12,000 loss.

The loss can be used against future income as a loss carryforward, but for 2017 you have a tax loss.

Let me know if you need anything more. If this covers your question, please rate my response with positive feedback. I'mCustomer

OK,
Thanks

You're welcome.

Please take a moment for positive feedback, five stars being best. Experts are not paid until you rate their assistance.

Customer/p>