Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I am trying to figure out how my land assessment is

calculated. I cannot figure out...
I am trying to figure out how my land assessment is calculated. I cannot figure out a formula that makes sense with these figures. Is there a clear method used to come up with the valuation of the land? Here is information I know:
Use and zoning codes are all the same- all have buildings assessed separately as well.
Lot A= 1.8 acres valued at $41,600
Lot B= .44 acres valued at $32,800
Lot C= .29 acres valued at $30,900
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

There is not one clear method used to come up with the valuation of your land. Many factors determine the value of the land, including but not limited to accessibility, use and location.

The commonly accepted valuation of property will come from a licensed real estate appraiser. Towns, cities and counties generally have a version of their own valuation, which is based on the assessors opinion of the land value.

Please let me know if this has answered your question or if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®