Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

My new business will start trading next month. I won't reach…

Customer Question
My new business will...

My new business will start trading next month

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I won't reach get threshold this financial year but will next financial year when do I start collecting and register for gst

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No it's a new business

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Finance
3/25/2018
Financial Professional: bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast replied 26 days ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can register for GST at any time, but if you do not anticipate that you will reach the threshold of $75,000 (gross income less GST), in your first year, you can postpone registering.

Once you reach the threshold, you must register within 21 days of reaching it.

The following ATO link contains additional information you will find helpful:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/GST/Registering-for-GST/

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

bkb1956
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast