Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I am working with a non profit organization to build their…

Customer Question
I am working with...

I am working with a non profit organization to build their website. I would prefer that they donate money on my behalf to the organization instead of paying me. How can this be accomplished?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We’re you able to see the question I typed or do I need to retype the question?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not really just want to have donations made instead of getting paid for my services and need to advise the organization how to legally accomplish this.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Finance
Does the organization need to establish a ledger or accounts receivable? What does the organization need to do in order to reflect a financial donation for building the website that is acceptable to the IRS??
3/24/2018
Financial Professional: TaxRobin, Senior Advisor replied 3 months ago
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

They can pay you by accepting the donation and if they are 501c3 it can be deducted by you but you still would need to report the payment. OR you can work for free and deduct only expenses but none of the value for your time is deductible.