Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I need help with calculating depreciation. I closed on a…

I need help with...

I need help with calculating depreciation

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I closed on a residential rental property on August 15, 2016. The land value was 501,660 and the improvements were 489,340. How much depreciation should I have taken on my taxes for 2016 and how much for 2017?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

There were improvements done to the property worth 11,178.92 in 2016 and in 2017 of 19.080.74.

3/23/2018
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
I'm PDtax. I can assist.But I need to know when all the assets were placed in service, month and year.
The property itself was placed in service August 15, 2016, the same date it was purchased.
All the assets, including the improvements.
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
The first round of improvements were completed in December, 2016. The 2nd round of improvements were completed in April, 2016
Phone call session started