Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I am preparing a 2017 trust tax return. 2 there are 3

I am preparing a...

I am preparing a 2017 trust tax return. This is Year 2 there are 3 beneficiaries. The only activity in the trust was interest on a bank account and the sale of the decedent’s primary residence. The sale of the residence resulted in a $28,000.00 loss. This is not the final year of the trust.
Can I allocate the loss to the beneficiaries via K-1 for 2017 or does the loss have to stay within the trust until the final return?If the loss has to be carried over do I need to make a loss carryover election when filing the 2017 return?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

That is all thanks

3/23/2018
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
I'mCustomer I'll assist.
Great I’m eager to hear your answer
Can we schedule a call instead
Sure. I'll make a phone call offer. I need to change devices; can't make that offer from my phone.
I will be available in one hour. Does that work

see offer, I'm good for 9:30 EST.

PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
I’m ready whenever you are

I don't have your number. See my private contact information posting for my number.