Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

What is the rule for residual health insurance as far who is…

Customer Question
What is the rule...

What is the rule for residual health insurance as far who is primary and who is secondary???I have BCBS. GA. From Obamacare since Jan 2015
I started a job Sep 2017 who offered insurance
I was not able to cancel BCBS GA
I kept both policies till the end of 2017
All of the claims in these 4 months in 2017 was denied.
Neither insurance wants to pay.
Each one does not wants to be primary
insurance.
Is this acceptable?????
Please advice
Sherief Bogdady (###) ###-####**@******.***

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a Georgia lawyer about this?

No I do not know any lawyer in GA here

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just try to call BCBS GA

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nop

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Finance
3/23/2018
Financial Professional: Marcia Mitrano,
 replied 2 months ago
Marcia Mitrano

Wow.

I would suggest calling health Care.gov help line for advice and solution.

I called them already but no exact answer.
I am asking legally
Who should be primary and who should be secondary. ????
I am not paying her to refer me to Healthcare.gov
Financial Professional: bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I have a different answer.

There are guidelines set forth by each state and insurance providers that help the patient's insurance company determine which health care plan will be considered the primary and secondary health insurance plans.

Once the covered patient's primary plan is determined, the benefits that the patient is eligible for under the primary plan must be given without assuming there is a secondary plan.

Here is the information for the GA Office of Insurance:

https://www.oci.ga.gov/consumerservice/HealthInsurance.aspx

My best advice would be to contact the GA Office of Insurance and find out what the guidelines are and file a complaint against both, if necessary.

One of them has to assume responsibility.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant