Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I amended my 2014 personal taxes with a 1040x. The IRS sent…

I amended my 2014...

I amended my 2014 personal taxes with a 1040x. The IRS sent it back saying we did not claim $2800. How do I amend a 1040x? On the NEW 1040x form do I use the Column C "Correct amount" from the first 1040x or do I basically redo the 1040x with the new amount?

3/22/2018
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you recently amended your 2014 tax return, you should wait until the first amendment is processed and accepted by the IRS before sending in the second one, just to make sure they are processed in the proper order.

To complete the second amendment, you will use the changes from the first amended return (Column C "correct amount).

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Perfect answer! Thank you!!!

My pleasure!

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!