Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I have an scrap form 2553 form and need advice on filling it…

Customer Question
I have an scrap...

I have an scrap form 2553 form and need advice on filling it out

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I created a company on Texas sos site 3/27/2017. we have been working on loan and getting builder quotes since that date. I just realized I need to file taxes on the company so I went on irs site to get an ein. we decided to file as an scorp and I am trying to fill out the form 2553 ..we have made no income, just made expenses for the builder, rent, and architect..we have not actually opened for business as we are still under construction...

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Thats all I think..

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Finance
3/22/2018
Financial Professional: Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant replied 1 month ago
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

Even if you are not yet opened for business, you will need to elect as an S corp and file Form 2553.
I would point you towards almost a manual-like resource which will take you through form filing help. Please refer

https://bizfluent.com/how-7440224-fill-out-form-2553.html

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada