Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Who or where would you to inquire about reinstate of 501c3…

who or where would you...
who or where would you to inquire about reinstate of 501c3
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

To the IRS.

If an organization has had its tax-exempt status automatically revoked and wishes to have that status reinstated, it must file an application for exemption and pay the appropriate user fee even if it was not required to apply for exempt status initially.

If the IRS determines that the organization meets the requirements for tax-exempt status, it will issue a new determination letter.

Would you contact the state?

The IRS not the state

501c3 is IRS - fed - the state's Secretary of State handle what type of entity they are - correct nothing to do with non profit?

The IRS (federal) handles the reinstatement of a 501c3 entity.

A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor