Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

When you are applying for ITIN number using exception 4,

what kind of documents you...
when you are applying for ITIN number using exception 4, what kind of documents you have to send to the IRS with the W7 form?
3/20/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Preparer

Documentation you must submit if you’re eligible to claim Exception 4:

A completed Form 8288, Form 8288-A, or Form 8288-B; and
A copy of the real estate sales contract or Settlement Statement (HUD-1).
In the case of notice of non-recognition1, document(s) that evidence a transaction for which a notice of non-recognition is applicable.
Note. For the seller of the property, copies of the sales contract or Settlement Statement (HUD-1), and copies of Forms 8288 and 8288-A submitted by the buyer need to be attached to Form W-7.
1 For notices of non-recognition, the document must show the date of the transaction, the parties involved, and the type of transfer that took place. For example, for transfers involving real estate, valid documents include the deed, Direction to Convey form, or a document that identifies the replacement property in a like-kind exchange. For transfers involving stock, an example of a valid document is the document that facilitates the transaction
.

I am adding extract from instructions

Lev
Lev, Tax Preparer