Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

We are starting a company that rents out vacation homes from…

Customer Question
We are starting a company...
We are starting a company that rents out vacation homes from homeowners annually (and sometimes monthly), and then re-rents/subleases the homes directly to consumers via VRBO, AirBnb etc.When we rent the home annually, that qualifies as an expense, correct?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Finance
3/19/2018
Financial Professional: PDtax, CPA, MBA replied 4 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

yes. your rent paid to the homeowner is an expense. Rents received would be income over the same period.

Thanks for asking. Positive feedback is appreciated. Five stars is best. I'mCustomer

Hi again.Customerhere.

Can I ask for positive feedback to complete your request? Thanks.

Customer/p>

Hi again.Customerhere.

Do you need anything further? If your question has been addressed, please rate my response to close out your request.

Customer/p>