Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Would like to find the cost of RJR Nabisco stock on

Customer Question
Would like to find...

Would like to find the cost of RJR Nabisco stock on 1/24/1996

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Need cost basis for tax purposes. Is there a web site I can go to for this information.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Financial Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. What is the ticker symbol for the stock?

Not sure. I tried to find it on line without success. - Destroyed the paperwork from 1996 just last year. All I know it was RJR Nabisco Holdings Corp and then there was a spin off to R.J. Tobacco Holdings, Inc. in 1999.

I will check to see if I can find the ticket symbol and get back to you shortly.

Is the $52 in addition to the $41? If it is please do not call me.

Yes, the phone call amount is in addition. I will not call you. Note that the telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not us, the experts. Still looking into the ticker matter. I will get back to you shortly.

OK Thank you for agreeing to not call me. I have also called and requested a do not call.

I am still checking. So far, the historical stock price sites that I have come across only go back like 18 years. I will check a bit further and let you know. By the way, the ticker symbol for RJR Nabisco was RN, and for RJR for the Tobacco holdings company. I will get back to you shortly.

I did check both of those symbols but couldn't find anything.

Thus far, I have not found any history either. I will spend a few more minutes on the matter.

No, I am not finding anything. Have you tried calling the corporate office and asking if they can provide that information to you. They may or may not be able to provide the information, but you can always ask.

I did call but the girl was not very cooperative.

Ok. Well, at this point I have no other suggestions for you. Sorry.