Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

On imports of our products with NHS code 8539.50.00, the…

Customer Question
On imports of our products...
On imports of our products with NHS code 8539.50.00, the import tax I searched on this site https://hts.usitc.gov/ is reporting in the first column (GENERAL) 2% and in the second column 20%. Which of these two percentages should I consider to make my product cost?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2018
Financial Professional: Lev, Tax Preparer replied 5 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Preparer

In most situations - you will use General tariff.

Column "2" is applied to those countries with which the United States does not maintain normal trade relations, namely Cuba and North Korea.

Special tariff is applied for countries and products qualified for special treatment under the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) or the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP).

You might want verify the country.

See attached explanation.

Financial Professional: Lev, Tax Preparer replied 4 months ago

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.