Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

This actually regarding a finance auto loan. Is it too late…

Customer Question
Hi. This actually regarding...

Hi. This actually regarding a finance auto loan.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Is it too late to start making payments for a vehicle again after not paying for over a year? I have already received a letter regarding the outstanding balance I owe.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The letter has also stated that if full payment is not received by a certain date, which has already passed, futher actions will be taking place (including legal proceedings)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Finance
3/15/2018
Financial Professional: Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert replied 4 months ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Yes, it is now too late to resume the payments you were making.

You should contact (call) the lender immediately, explain your situation, and ask for a payment schedule to be reinstated.

It is very possible that they will respond affirmatively to that request.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,

Note:

Failure to resolve this matter will result in repossession of the vehicle, have a significant adverse affect on your credit rating and will stay on your credit file for 7 years.

A defaulted auto loan is particularly bad as auto loans are among the easiest to obtain, have very low default rates, so if that's on your credit file it is often a key factor for any other loans you might seek, housing options (rentals), etc.