Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I have been following REITS in different sectors -

Healthcare / senior housing and...
I have been following REITS in different sectors - Healthcare / senior housing and Infrastructure (wireless, outdoor advertising, power generation). The infrastructure reits have all seemed to go up in value and the healthcare reits have gone down. Do you think this is attributable to the industries they rent the property to? Has the industries in the infrastructure REIT description gone up in the past year and has healthcare gone down?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

I agree with you. With all other items equal (and there are a lot of other items to consider), the underlying industry will drive the value of the real estate/ REIT

Ok. What is the outlook for healthcare, assisted living, senior housing in the next few years in your opinion?

As far as rents and expected renting value/ occupancy rates of commercial buildings for health care companies.... Health care companies will occupy less retail space in the future then they do now...therefore declining.

Assisted living and senior housing is over built in most regions.

Ok, thanks Chad. I appreciate it.

Buildings are aging and there is a glut of class b and c commercial buildings available for rent, in my opinion.

However, a good fund manager is able to navigate the industries, if the prospectus and funds objectivesallows them too.

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®

I enjoy real estate questions so please let me know if you do have any other questions.

Have a great day.