Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I just need to confirm we purchased a building for our

Hello,I just need to confirm...
Hello,I just need to confirm we purchased a building for our business it is in our business name do I put the payments for that business under rent payments? I do not see another place in turbo taxthanks
3/9/2018
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If the business is purchasing the building then no you do not list as rent. You can claim the interest paid on the mortgage. You also list as an asset for depreciation purposes.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Another quick question If I have expenses say 1000 in marketing and 1000 in raw material and 1000 in items for sale and 1000 in shipping can I just group them as 4000 for cost of doing business? do I have to separate them out?

You would need to separate those and list the expenses under their own cats

Was figuring you would say that oh well
Thanks

You are most welcome