Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I am single with 2 younger kids and will have pass through…

I am single with...

I am single with 2 younger kids and will have pass through K-1 income of $225,000 in 2018. What will my approximate tax liability be as I live in SC please? Thank you!

3/8/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Financial Advisor

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

If that is all your income, then $225,000 will be eligible for the 20% tax deduction. So, you'll be taxed on $180,000. The standard deduction is $18,000 (assuming your head of household). Taxable income is then $162,000.

Total tax due then is $32,137. Your 2 kids will qualify for the $2,000 each child tax credit, so that knocks it down to $28,137.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

For South Carolina, it will be around another $12,600.

my total taxable income is reduced by 20% because of the new Trump tax deal and because it is on a K-1 and is "Pass through" income?
Also, I live in SC but the income is coming from VA......will this make a difference?

Yea, the taxable income from businesses are generally getting a 20% deduction of business income.

The income will be VA sourced and taxed in VA. So, it will go under VA tax rates, which are lower than SC.

Thank you Carter and have a good evening!

Thanks! If you need anything else just let me know. If you can leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you, that would be great! Thanks!

Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Financial Advisor