Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I filed my 2017 taxes with netfile for free. I am married…

I filed my 2017...

I filed my 2017 taxes with netfile for free. I am married and have one child age 8 my husband did not work or earn any income last year. I also did not receive any gst payments last year. When I filed my return I filed my husband's and mine together. I think I may have made a mistake as it says my refund is only $1000. How can I make sure i didn't make a mistake. I filed for my 18 year old daughters separately for her whoonly made 7900 last year and

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

She got a 1000 refund as well and just doesn't seem right.

3/6/2018
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Financial Advisor

Hi. Great Question. You should have at least gotten an Earnings Tax Credit - would you be able to scan the return over(attach it to this link or email it over to me)? I can review it for you. Let me know. Thanks.

Will it take longer to get back if i do a refile? And do I claim my husband as a dependant as well?

Hi. Are you filing jointly? He would be an additional exemption, along with you.

I filed online with simple tax and do not know how to send you a copy of that maybe I'll just go into a location to ask about it. Thank you.

Answer is yes - add your husband in. Thanks. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Financial Advisor