Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I provide for my nephews but I have a different address from…

I provide for my...

I provide for my nephews but I have a different address from them for mailing purposes, I received an audit letter and was wondering do I send the mail from their doctor with their physical address on it still?

2/24/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Financial Advisor
Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.
You can have the different address on the letter for their doctor, however, I'd write a quick explanation for the IRS in order to explain why the addresses are different. If the doctor will use your address, it would make the process easier.
Let me know if you have any questions. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I use the mailing address of out grandmother because my sister use to have alot of shady people around I couldn't trust
That's fine. The IRS definitely understands situations like that. I would just attach a quick note explaining the difference.

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!

Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Financial Advisor
Carter McBride
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Financial Advisor