Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

My girlfriend is pregnant about 9 weeks she supports herself…

Customer Question
My girlfriend is pregnant...

My girlfriend is pregnant about 9 weeks she supports herself yet she lives with me and had tried filing for medicaid but has received the answer that she would receive a share of cost of 2413 a month which is well out of her range we are not sure what to do at this point why is she not able to receive medicaid she is likely to loose her job as a day care teacher because of her pregnancy

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not sure what other info is needed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Finance
2/7/2018
Financial Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and will respond momentarily.
Regards,
Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP, IMTA

Dear Customer,

Your friend should apply for a health insurance plan from the federal exchange market.

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Medicaid is totally free and relatively limited on the coverage.

On federal exchange market she can get premium tax credit and relative good coverage and very affordable premium monthly.

What you listed is almost not possible for that insurance plan premium. Continue to try.

Regards,

Fiona