Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I am opening a e-comm business and need an EIN number. I…

I am opening a...

I am opening a e-comm business and need an EIN number.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have one LLC that is dormant and would like to know if I can use this EIN number for my suppliers?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Yes

Accountant's Assistant: What else should I tell the Accountant?

Should I use that EIN and how do I go about getting the EIN number? I looked it up online and it says it's dormant but I do not see the actual number.

1/22/2018
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is***** will assist you today.

As a sole proprietorship, You are able to use the same EIN to operate multiple businesses.

___

You will not be required to obtain a new EIN if the following statements are true:

• You change the name of your business.
  • You change your location or add other locations.
  • You operate multiple businesses.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/help/help-toc.jsp

___

If you will not be using the LLC that you currently have established, then you should obtain a new EIN or use your Social security number if you do not intend on forming a separate taxing entity or hiring employees.

___

Regarding the dormant LLC: Each state has separate requirements for activating LLC's that have gone dormant.

If this has answered your question and have no further questions, please take a moment to accept the answer.

If you have any additional questions please let me know!

My goal is to ensure you receive 100% satisfaction.

_____

At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to rate and accept my answer by clicking on three stars or more.

A positive rating of 5 stars is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Thank you
Phone call session started

Hi Linda,

You are able to file for reinstatement of your Florida LLC directly online.

Here is the direct link:

http://dos.myflorida.com/sunbiz/manage-business/efile/reinstatement/

You will need your document number. I was able to find "Mortgage Professionals Inc," Inactive online.

Please review the link below to locate your specific Mortgage Professional company. I looked at some of the listings, but couldn't find your specifically.

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults?inquiryType=EntityName&searchNameOrder=MORTGAGEPROFESSIONALS&searchTerm=mortgage%20professionals

--When you are able to locate your company the EIN information is view-able.

_____

There appears to be a $100 reinstatement fee. You may be subject to other previous filing fees, but you may also be able to have those fees waived.

____

Once the LLC is reactivated, you are able to submit a name change too.

http://dos.myflorida.com/sunbiz/forms/fictitious-name/

Please let me know your follow up questions concerning the information above.

Thank you!

Great Chad. I will work on this. Thanks for your help.Linda.