Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I am a photographer and got paid today for a wedding I won't…

Customer Question
I am a photographer...

I am a photographer and got paid today for a wedding I won't photograph until August. Should I wait until then to show the income so I don't pay sales tax in January on the total?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am a photographer and got paid today for a wedding I won't photograph until August. Should I post the income now to my accounting software and pay sales tax or wait until August?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Finance
1/20/2018
Financial Professional: bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Sales tax is due when you receive payment and collect sales tax. In your case, you will report the income and pay sales tax now rather than wait until August to report it.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb