Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

If the U S Government shuts down what does that do to VA…

Customer Question
If the U S...

If the U S Government shuts down what does that do to VA Bennifits and Social Security? I am a 100% service connected veteran

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I receive 3321.00 in benefits from the VA it is my main source of income

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The other source of income is724.00 through Social security. If we don't get paid we will have no funds available for bills food etc.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Finance
1/19/2018
Financial Professional: Carter McBride, Financial Advisor replied 6 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Financial Advisor

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and I can help you with this.

If the government shuts down, VA and Social Security benefits will still get paid. It is part of the government that needs to remain operational even in a shutdown under law.

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, let me know. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!