Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

This is a stretch but I couldn’t find an answer. I habe a…

This is a stretch...

This is a stretch but I couldn’t find an answer.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I habe a software product that I charge $39.95 for. If I give away free copies is the cost of what the subscription (a one time fee) tax deductible?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don’t believe so

12/16/2017
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You could deduct any cost you have in the give away. In other words, you cannot deduct the cost you normally charge but if it costs your business $10 then you could deduct the $10 that the free giveaway cost.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

I thank you for the positive rating.

Best wishes