Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

Do I need a tax id or LLC if I'm receiving misc-1099

Do I need a tax...
Do I need a tax id or LLC if I'm receiving misc-1099 royalties? or my Social Security Number is *****?
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer!

My name is***** will be able to assist you today.

You do not need an separate tax ID or LLC in order to receive a misc -1099

continued...

For Federal tax purposes you are able to receive a 1099 MISC and report the income on schedule C of your 1040

If you incurred any expenses to gain the income from a 1099 then you would also use the schedule C to deduct those expenses

If you would like for me to expand on my answer above or have additional questions please let me know!

At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to rate and accept my answer by clicking on three stars or more. A positive rating of 5 stars is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. If I missed to report the last 2 months of 2015, do I still have time to solve any issues before Decemember of 2016 end?

You can still report 2015. You will use IRS form 1040X

Chad EA, CFP ®
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got it, thank you very much for your help.

Thank you for the rating!

Have a great evening

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®