Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

I need to figure out what sales tax will be for my online…

Customer Question
Hi I need to...

Hi I need to figure out what sales tax will be for my online business. Can you help me?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have an online retail business in Kansas city, MO. I don't have a clue on what the sales tax needs to be! That's the only thing I need to figure out before I can launch my store.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Finance
12/15/2017
Financial Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Accountant replied 2 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant

Hello. Happy Holidays!! Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. Let me first mention that typically, sellers are required to charge sales tax to residents of the state where they have a physical presence. In your case, this would be the state of MO. Now there are some exceptions to this rule, such as with businesses like Amazon. In addition, not all items are taxable. I will get you the information relating to taxable items in MO and what the sales tax rate is. I will get back to you shortly.

At the following link, you will find information relating to sales tax exemptions and exclusions.

http://dor.mo.gov/business/sales/exemption-list.php

-------------------------------------

The combined sales tax rate for Kansas City, MO is 8.475%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The Missouri state sales tax rate is currently 4.225%. The Clay County sales tax rate is 1.25%. Kansas City sales tax rate is 2.875%.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.taxrates.com/state-rates/missouri/cities/kansas-city/

For the rates for the other cities in MO, you can refer to the same reference source.

--------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant