Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

The 1096 forms, to send in with 1099 clearly state that you…

Customer Question
The 1096 forms, to...

The 1096 forms, to send in with 1099 clearly state that you cannot print them. So I need to order 50 of them.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need to order 50 1096 forms for 2017

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

These cannot be printed to sent to IRS they have to be IRS forms. states right on the form

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Finance
12/15/2017
Financial Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

First, it's important to understand that the 1096 is a cover letter, so to speak. You only send one along with ALL of the 1099's you send.

...

But you can order ALL of the forms that you need here:

...

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit" – That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

I hope you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness (as opposed to any good news/bad news content). Thank you!

..

But again, if you need more on this, or if I've not understood your question correctly, please let me know.

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.