Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

How is matured unpaid interest calculated on promissory

Customer Question
How is matured unpaid...

How is matured unpaid interest calculated on promissory note?

Accountant's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Accountant's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Sold home thru a wrap mortgage. Maturity date was 11/1/16. Buyer still has not refinanced. We field foreclosure, he filed temporary injuction

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are the lender.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Finance
12/5/2017
Financial Professional: Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional replied 8 months ago
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

You are able to calculate interest using the Present Value formula or a compound interest calculator.

Here is a link to an online calculator which you can use to calculate the interest you are owed.

http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm

For example. If the loan was $200,000 at an interest rate of 6% for one year the accrued amount of interest would be $12,000.

You can use the calculator I linked to above or please let me know the loan amount, interest rate and when the funds were lent.

Thank you!

Principal amount 797,905.00
Annual interest rate 4%
Maturity date 11/1/16
Contract date 10/11/13

Principal amount $797,905

Interest rate 4%

Contract date 10/11/13

The loan is outstanding for four years and almost two months.

The current value of $797,905 at 4% for a 4 year and two month term = $939,680.49

A total of $141,775.49 of interest has accrued over the four year and two month period

Hello.

Please let me know if I was able to answer your question or if you need any further calculations completed.

Thank you

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional

If you have no additional questions would you please take a moment to accept my answer so that I may be credited for my work by JustAnswer.

Thank you